Thursday, April 17, 2008

CuPcAkEs!

I have been practicing cake and cupcake recipes because J's birthday is quickly approaching. I totally winged this recipe, and they were great! I just need to perfect the frosting/glaze. I didn't get a photo, because they were eaten before I could get my camera.

I will make them again soon.

Here is how I did it;

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

In a large mixing bowl, blend 1/4 cup water, 2 tbs canola oil, and 2 tsp baking powder. Slowly add in 1/2 cup garbanzo bean flour, 1 cup sweet sorghum flour, 1/2 cup white rice flour, 1/2 cup potato starch, 1/2 cup corn starch, 1/3 tbs xantham gum, 1 cup raw sugar, 1 cup honey, 3/4 tsp salt, 1 tsp vanilla, 1/2 cup oil or shortening, 1/2 cup hemp or rice milk, and 1/2 cup pear or apple juice.

Mix until the texture is sticky, but pourable.

Oil a cupcake pan and then fill each cup 3/4 of the way, bake for about 18 minutes (or until they pass the toothpick prick test), and enjoy!

No comments: