Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Heavenly Recipes


A couple of days ago, Big-D and I decided to go grocery shopping for J so that we could give him more foods than just chicken, rice and bananas. We loaded the kids into the double stroller and off we went. The second that we walked through the door, both of the kids started flipping out. D was trying to make a fort out of his side of the stroller to get away from the "nasty fishy smell at the stinky food store" and J would scream every time D or any part of D's sun shade would touch him. Big-D and I looked at each other in desperation, but neither of us had a better plan.
I pulled out my list and it looked impossible, just as I said "screw it all, let's get out of here", I heard a voice say, "this rice bread is better, is there anything else on your list that I can help you with?"
I turned around to see who had said this. It was a sophisticated looking older woman. I was drawn to her, but because she didn't have 'Whole Foods' clothing on, I didn't think I should approach her.
She started to walk off, and amidst the boys screaming and Big-D waiting to leave the store, I followed my inner voice and ran off to talk to her. I yelled out "Miss". I hate that word, but I couldn't think of any better word to say.
Anyway, to make a long story short, Bog-D and the boys cruised the store for over an hour while this woman, who turned out to be the community educator for Whole Foods and an Allergy Cookbook writer, took me through the entire store giving me priceless information. She directed me through the 'Bob's Red Mill' baking goods and told me her "secret combination to allergy free cooking". It was AMAZING!
We are all extremely thankful for this experience. She even gave me her card and personal phone number so that I could call her if I have any questions.
As I get creative in the kitchen, I will post my food inventions on this blog.
Yummy Yummy!

2 comments:

bluembrownlee said...

Oh my God Mandy that is so awesome!! God does work in mysterious ways. How amazingly cool that you met her.
:)

kimhumpherys said...

That's awesome! I'm glad you found this lady who gave you all sorts of information! What a blessing, despite the chaos happening around you!